SLO
Štatenberg
About mansion Gallery Find us Contacts
Introduction Restaurant Weddings Museum Castel cellar
Bar is opend:

MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER:

SUNDAY: 11:00 - 19:00

GUIDED TOUR

APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER:

SATURDAY: 8:00 - 12:00
SUNDAY: 10:00 - 18:00


Groups:
For groups the restaurant is opened all year by prior arrangement with
reservation on 040/870-835 or mail:dvorecstatenberg@gmail.com.

 
 
 
History

Štatenberg is a baroque mansion, named after the original castle Štatenberg from the mid 13 century. Old Castle Štatenberg was first mentioned in 1250 as castrum Stetenburch. It was built by knights Rogaški. When they died in 1299, Knight Henrik Viltuški acquired the castle. Hugon Devinski was inherited Štatenberg in 1385, Count Rajnpreht Walsee got it with the wedding in 1399. The castle had since 1451 counts of Celje. After 1456 we met at the old castle owner Stephen Prueschenk and in 1487 castellans Tattenbach. In 1502 Henry Prueschenk sold the castle to relative Ivan Auersperg and then in 1556 Wolf Engelbert Auersperg sold it to baron Tahy, who was the main culprit for the large Slovenian-Croatian peasant uprising in the 1573. After the year 1592 the owner was Karel pl. Teuffenbach. Since 1622 owners were counts Trebniški and after them counts Tattenbachs and Attems. In the late 17 century the owners of Štatenberg, Attems counts, decided to leave this place (now is in ruins) and move into the valley. They chose panoramic hill near Makole and they built there a brand new mansion. The luxurious mansion started to build probably at 1696 and ended between 1720 and 1740. Mansion was Attems summer residence. Counts Attems were particularly during the baroque period one of the most influential noble families in Štajerska. Family originated from Italy and has started to develop in the second half of the 12th century on castle Attimis in Čedad, a picturesque town in northern Italy, near the river Nadiža. They performed important services on the Habsburg court. In 1630 were elevated in the government counts of the Holy Roman Empire. Mansion planned especially for Attems Italian architect Giovanni Battista Camessini, which was one of the more active architects of that period. The mansion was symmetrically designed. Inside was a small decorated baroque garden. The rooms across the yard and shoulder staircase escalate into a two-story hall, which is a representative hall for the central wing of the manor. The mansion is known for its frescoes and stucco in the Knight's Hall and elegant salons, located to the left and right side of it. Allegories on the ceiling of the Knight's Hall, lined with stucco, are illustrating ancient mythology: Science, Art and Peace and the four elements: air, earth, water and fire, which are generally known as an Attems trademark. 25 images can be attributed to the work of the painter Joannecky, the name of the craftsman who made stucco, is not known. In the side rooms are some quality stoves and parts of equipment. In the west wing building is a baroque chapel. The altar for it was made by Martin Baselij.

Around the castle was a garden in the baroque style. Later the area was converted into English landscape style. Design is partially preserved today. On northern access route are old chestnut trees. The wider area of the park is planted with native and non-native trees, among which stand out the giant Douglas fir (conifer imported from North America). Among them are paths that leads us into the woods on the west, where are the ponds.

After Counts Attems the castle featured a number of noble families and individuals. In 1809 became its owner Francis Ludovik Blagotišek pl. Kaiserfeld, followed by Joseph pl. Kaiserfeld, Claudius Ritter pl. Pittons - Dannenfeld, Prince Lobkowitz, then Žiga Conrad … In 1910 a part of the mansion burned down, but the owners rebuilt it (except the chapel). Before the beginning of World War I the manor owned industrialist Neumann from Zagreb, the last pre-war owner was Baroness Ana Maria von Dyhrn, born Krane. Baroness bought it from Neumann in 1941, but she didn’t enjoy its beauty long, because a year later (1942) she sadly died. She left the mansion her youngest daughter, Baroness Maria von Dyhrn (later married Knuplež). Mansion did not stay long in hands of family von Dyhrn (Baroness Mary was then still a minor), because of denationalization in 1945/1946. After World War II, the mansion did not work for some time. In the eighties was renovated and newly furnished. Today the mansion owns Impol Company from Slovenska Bistrica.

 

Na vrh

2013 © Copyright | Restavracija Dvorec Štatenbeg