SLO
Štatenberg
About mansion Gallery Find us Contacts
Introduction Restaurant Weddings Museum Castel cellar
Bar is opend:

MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER:

SUNDAY: 11:00 - 19:00

GUIDED TOUR

APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER:

SATURDAY: 8:00 - 12:00
SUNDAY: 10:00 - 18:00


Groups:
For groups the restaurant is opened all year by prior arrangement with
reservation on 040/870-835 or mail:dvorecstatenberg@gmail.com.

 
 
 
Museum

The mansion was designed by Italian architect Giovanni Battista Camessini, especially for counts Attems. Giovani Battista Camessina was one of the more active architects of that period. Baroque mansion was designed symmetrically. The rooms are escalate across the courtyard and staircase into a two-story painted hall (the Knight's Hall), which is representative hall of the central wing of the manor. It is known for its frescoes and stucco. Elegant salons are on the left and the right side of it. Salons are now showrooms. There are exhibited preserved remains of equipment and furniture. Allegories on the ceiling of the Knights' Hall, bordered by stucco, illustrate ancient mythology. 25 images on the ceiling in salons are work of the painter Joannecky. The name of the craftsman, who made stucco, is not known. In the side rooms are some quality stoves and parts of equipment. In the western tract of the building is a baroque chapel. The altar for it was made by Martin Baselij. In 1910 a part of the mansion burned down. The owners had renovated it. Baroque chapel has not been restored.

2013 © Copyright | Restavracija Dvorec Štatenbeg